Located on the first floor of the Vann Library, Group Study Rooms can be reserved for two hours per group. The Study Rooms provide a place for students to not only meet but also provide access to white boards and projectors.
Rooms 101K, 101L, 101M are intended to be used by groups of two or more students. Access to these rooms is gained by checking out a key from the User Services desk located on the first floor of the library. Reservations are strongly recommended due to demand but are not required. Groups with reservations will always have priority. Individuals may use these rooms when not in use by or reserved for a group. Group study rooms cannot be reserved for individual use.
These rooms are not intended to be used for regularly scheduled classes or regularly scheduled meetings and must be checked out by a student.
Requirements for group study rooms:
A valid USF OneCard is needed to checkout one of the three study rooms. Rooms are reserved for up to two hours per group. At the end of two hours, the room can be renewed for one additional hour per group, if no one else is waiting for the room or has the room reserved. Study rooms therefore have a maximum use of 3 hours by any one group per day.
During the final exam and midterm periods (the week before and during both), the demand for study rooms is overwhelming. Room renewals will not be allowed. The two-hour policy will be strictly enforced to allow equal access to the study rooms.
If the person/group who reserved a room is not present within ten minutes of the reservation time (or vacates the room for longer than fifteen minutes during their scheduled time), he/she will automatically forfeit their reservation if other groups are waiting.
All group study rooms are equipped with a whiteboard, dry erase markers, an eraser and a projector.
If a group study room key is not returned at the end of room use, a $25 replacement fee will be assessed.
General Study Room Requirements:
- Rooms may only be used during the hours the library is open.
- The Library is not responsible for personal items left unattended in the rooms.
- Please do not leave library materials in the rooms.
- Room windows or doors should not be covered or obstructed in any way.
- Study room privileges may be suspended if these rules are not followed.
- Library staff has the right to refuse use of a study room if inappropriate activities are reported or observed. Library staff will periodically check all study rooms. Violations should be reported to a library staff member.
Questions or problems concerning the student study rooms should directed to the Main Circulation desk on the second floor of the library.